A home for new & old, rare & not so rare, good music & ...well just a bunch of good records you should listen to.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flying Lotus "Cosmogramma" LP

Another bagful of fresh sound from an amazing artist that has been on the field already as long as a decade. To give you an idea of whats going on..here is a little piece of an interview he gave to Pitchfork...

Pitchfork: How is the album different from the stuff you've already done?

FL: I think it's a lot better, off the jump. I think it's just progressing. I'm working with a lot more instruments and a lot more people, a lot of different textures. It's really becoming this thing that I wanted to do in the beginning. I'm finally getting to the point where I can make the kind of records that I want to make -- that I wanted to make when I was younger, things that I dreamed about making. It's this fusion-y kind of thing where all the elements of the music that I love are there. It's definitely inspired by some of the Alice Coltrane stuff, as well. It's kind of a dedication to her again. In the making of this record, I was going through a lot of stuff, and my aunt's music really helped me get through some tough times. I felt like it might be time to start trying to make the record more spiritual so it could maybe help somebody-- to help it show the new devotional music, I guess.

Pitchfork: Do you consider your music to be devotional music?

FL: Not everything. I think it comes from the same place, but the intent is always a little different. I feel like that was the true intent of the last record, and I feel like you'll hear it in this one. It's definitely there. You can hear the journey, man. That was kind of the point. I want to feel like, "Almost there! Almost there!"

Pitchfork: When you say you've been working with new people, who are some of the people you worked with on this one?

FL: I worked with an amazing bass player named Thundercat. He played bass in Suicidal Tendencies, and he plays bass for Erykah Badu and SA-RA and many other people. I'm working with Miguel-Atwood Ferguson, who's an incredible string arranger and composer. So we got full string arrangements on parts of the record, and all sorts of folks. We worked with Laura Darlington again, and some more vocalists who I don't want to name yet.



Tracklist:

Clock Catcher
Pickled!
Nose Art
Intro//A Cosmic Drama
Zodiac Shit
Computer Face//Pure Being
And The World Laughs With You ft. Thom Yorke
Arkestry
Mmmhmm ft.Thundercat
Do The Astral Plane
Satelllliiiiiteee
German Haircut
Recoiled
Dance Of The Pseudo Nymph
Drips//Auntie's Harp
Table Tennis ft. Laura Darlington
Galaxy In Janaki

Click Via RapidShare

0 comments:

Post a Comment